Sunday, August 24, 2008

Homeschool "R" Us

Well...This is blog post #2 for me...maybe I'm getting on a roll. Thought I'd mention a bit about homeschooling and what's going on in our lives with that. I homeschool Emma, my precious 2nd grade girl...this is our 2nd year. Tomorrow makes the start of official school week #3 for the year so far. So far so good believe it or not. Let me back up a bit...homeschool is not what I had planned when I had my sweet little babies. As time (and circumstances with a rough school year in school for Emma in Kindergarten) went on, I felt the "call" to homeschool Emma. It was more like a fog horn (-:....it wasn't what I had necessarily desired or expected, but here we are. I am blessed to be able to spend time with my children during the day, see them both bonding (I love that part), and attempt to teach in a way that will please the Lord. Do I do it right all the time???? Are you kidding? No way. Do I do it right some of the time??? Well, it depends on who you ask :). In my own power, I never do school right (or parenting for that matter). When I am led by the Lord, things DO go right and He shines through. It is at those times when I am encouraged to keep going strong. I have determined that God wants homeschool for us at this time as much to change and mold me to who He has called me to be as a mom and as a Christian. I want nothing more to be a woman after God's own heart and to teach and train my children in the ways of the Lord. I fail miserably on a daily basis, but praise the Lord that He is always there ready and willing to forgive me and help me back up on my feet! Parenting is....HARD!!! Wow, is it hard. I love my kids so much. They are both so unique and fun! Emma is very creative and empathetic. She'll be the first to go get you an ice pack if you've fallen (well...she usually gets an ice pack for every kind of boo-boo...I guess she thinks ice is a cure-all (-:). She can't stand for someone to be hurt. She is also very just and will get EVERYONE straight if there has been an injustice that she sees (especially if it has to do with her little brother). Very FAIR-minded little girl. She'd be a great judge. When I say creative, let me give you an example...tonight we went to Las Palmas after Church (with a coupon FYI Christy..:)). Well, she tore a piece of Adam's taco aluminum foil, made a swan bowl out of it, put cheese in it and then proceeded to dip her chips in the swan bowl instead of the regular cheese dip bowl. I just love her imagination...it truly inspires me at times! Ian...well...he's just a little dude! He is very sweet and hilarious (takes after his Daddy for sure). He is very much into super heroes right now. He is very independent. He is determined to pick out his own clothes and every day he has his own idea of what he wants to wear and you just cannot get him to change his opinion (and I do try sometimes when it is pajamas or a sweat shirt and jeans in the middle of the summer). I'm working on letting go of some (okay...a little) of my control. This is a hard one for me I must confess. I know it is necessary though and God is helping me through that one. Well...I didn't know I was gonna go into so much...but remember, I'm new at this. Hopefully I'll get better at it with time!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great blog! I love it. Thank you for being so open, honest and keeping it real. I just LOVE you so much.

MADDIE said...

I am so proud of you Ang. Your willingness to follow God's desire for your lives inspires me! Hey,good job using the coupon!