Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Last week we went on a fun field trip to the pumpkin patch at Gentry Farms in Franklin. It was lots of fun. It was a very educational place! There were lots of things to do...a corn maze, a barn that had a "spider web" that the kids had to crawl through and NOT make the bells ring on the"webs" or they'd be spider food, a place to build log houses with Lincoln logs, amazing tree tire swings that I REALLY wanted to get on myself, and ofcourse...the Great Pumpkin Patch! I have learned over the years that decisions are not the easiest for me to make, and unfortunately, this less than desirable trait has been officially passed on to my kids as well :) or should I say :(. We were the VERY last people to get back on the hay ride to go back to our van after the pumpkin patch. The funniest part is that we had come all that way and talked about the pumpkins that they were going to get, and after NO decision had been made and everyone was on the trailor, we were actually trying to BRIBE them to just get on the trailor and we'd stop on the way home and get pumpkins at Wal-Mart!! Funny stuff. Well, as you can see in the picture, they ended up making a last minute decision (in a panic I might add), and picked these cute little pumpkins. I bet the people on the hay ride were excited to see a decision was made too!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill said...

When I opened up your blog, all I could see was the pic of Emma from the nose up, and I thought she was you! They both look so grown up. Sounds like y'all had a great time. ( :

Angie said...

Thanks Jill...they are growing up...it makes me happy and sad all at the same time!

Have a good night!

Melissa said...

Great photo! We haven't "picked" our pumpkin yet and boy do we need to. Hannah reminds me everyday to do that b/c last year we had one and never carved it....poor Jeter kids. Daddy and Mommy just don't get it sometimes.

MADDIE said...

That is such a funny store....I was picturing everything you were saying about the kids trying to pick their pumpkin....sooo funny, although I am sure at that point you didn't think it was all that funny! Radlee needs to see his "friend with two buzzes" really soon!! :)

MADDIE said...

I meant story......