Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Skating...


Last Saturday, we went skating!! It is funny how just walking into a skating rink can bring back memories of childhood! It's almost like taking a step back into time (other than the Miley Cyrus songs being played instead of "Beat It" or "You dropped a bomb on me")! I didn't skate this time, but watched Adam and the kids skate. Ian went one time around and he was through...so we hung out playing games and stuff. Adam was such a good Daddy with Emma. She must have fallen 1000 times. Every time he'd help her get back up again and then off they'd go. He held her hand almost the entire time. Seeing them reminded me of God our Father...and how He holds our hand...and when we "fall"...he patiently helps us back on our feet so we can keep on going....even if we "fall" 1000 times and even more! It was a great family time. I'm thankful for my Father and my family.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like fun! ( : I haven't skated in years, but I'd be game if I had the opportunity.

MADDIE said...

That looks like so much fun. We should all go together sometime...you too Jill!!! Wouldn't that be so much fun? Adam was a trooper huh.....he is such a good dad and you are such a good mommy....love you guys

Melissa said...

AWESOME!!! I second Christy's idea...I hear some group skating going on........maybe we could get a group discount!!??

Love you and miss you!