Friday, December 12, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

What a great surprise yesterday with the snow! Wasn't it pretty? We really didn't get out and play in this one, but maybe God will give us a good snowfall of about 6 inches or more next time!?! Isn't it funny that this one was more of a surprise (I suppose...because I NEVER seem to watch the news), but when "they" say it's going to snow inches and inches...it hardly ever does. I used to get so upset when "they" predicted snowfall when I was a kid, and I had already planned out my entire snowday...then.....nothing :-(...and school wasn't cancelled...and it so bummed me out. That is bringing back some memories right there! The cool part about homeschooling is that I can just call a "snow day" any day that I so choose...even if it's in the middle of the summer?!? (SShhh, don't tell). :-)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melissa said...

cute little snow babies! yes, i love homeschooling for that very same reason. the girls were pouting earlier this week saying that they couldn't have school b/c they were sick and we said..it's a good thing we stay "home" for "school"...got'em...they didn't think it was funny at all
:0)

MADDIE said...

Cute pictures. Next time we are going sledding!! Sometimes even if you aren't homeschooling, you can just plan stay home and do fun stuff days!!!! Shhhh don't tell! :)

Jill said...

Snow always stirs up a little excitement in me too as I remember getting the day off from school. It's a rare enough thing here in Nashville that it's always a big event!

Angie said...

You guys are so funny!!

:-)