Monday, December 1, 2008

Trimming the tree...


Can you believe Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is almost here? I can't! This year seems to have flown by for me. We put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving night this year. I can't say that is is an actual tradition to put it up then, but it worked out for this year. Thanksgiving weekend was pretty busy this year! It is usually busy, but this year seemed more so. We went to Adam's parents for a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with his family. That is a tradition! However, this year we were missing all of Adam's grandparents :-(. Adam's granddad was in the hospital with a couple of new illnesses, his grandmom was at the hospital with his granddad caring for him, and his Nanny was at her place with a cold! It did not seem quite right at all. So, after we ate, we all drove over to the hospital to see his grandmom and granddad and spent a little time with them. That made it seem more "right". After we went home, I got a call from one of my BFF's(smile) Melissa, and somehow we (me, Mel and Cassie...missed Christy though) ended up at Opry Mills Mall at midnight just to shop until 4:30 (after standing in LONG lines to win a $20 gift card...I was thankful though). Then I went on to Wal-Mart, then to Target...got home at 6:30am---wired up I might add and not able to even go to sleep until practically when it was time for the kids to get up! Well...then off we went again to my parent's to have ThanksgivingII on Friday afternoon. My sister and nephews came in from Memphis...so we were all enjoying each other! I had planned on getting a nap at some point, but somehow got roped back in to going shopping...AGAIN? with Trina my sister! At this point I was almost delirious--okay, I was very delirious...we were cracking up at everything! Then, me and the kids spent the night at my parent's house with everyone. The kids and my nephews made a big pallet(sp?) in the middle of the floor and slept. My Mama LOVES having everyone (all of her babies) at her home at the same time. It just doesn't happen often enough. It was a great time with my family, my wonderful friend and my big sister who I wish I could see and spend more time with. There were lots of memories made with my husband, my babies, my family and my friends that I'll never forget. I love spending time with those I love, and I thank God for giving me such people that I can truly share my life with.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jill said...

Sounds like fun (except for that midnight shopping excursion). The pictures are precious. ( :

Melissa said...

sweet memories with sweet family and friends...love you

MADDIE said...

sounds like a very busy Thanksgiving weekend....but I am sure well worth the memories. Sometimes, I wish I could just give it up and live.....hint Opry Mills! I am still mad at myself for not going....maybe next year.

AshleyMK said...

That sounded like a great Thanksgiving. I am sure when you finally went to sleep to slept like a rock :).