Friday, January 9, 2009

Friends


I just love my friends. I enjoyed spending time with both of these friends today, and I just wanted to share my heart about them. Christy and Melissa are truly a couple of the greatest friends anyone could ask for. God has truly blessed me with these girls and their families to go through life with! I can call either of them at any time and they are there to lend an ear, laugh with, cry with, and they are friends that I can really be myself with. It isn't the easiest thing for me to be "the real me" with everyone. I mean, I can be me, but I don't just let anyone in to know the real and vulnerable me all that often...make sense?? I tend to keep my guard up a lot of times and not let too many people in my "vulnerable" place...but, not with these two. They always have good Godly advice to give me in times of weakness or problem. I believe God uses them to speak conviction and change on my heart to be more like Jesus more than they even realize. I just wanted to give a shout out to the gals that I hold dear to my heart. "A friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17a
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love you too. I would not be where I am or who I am today without you two girls. I now get what it means to have true friends and love all the memories that I have with you two. I cherish the times we've had together and look forward to all we will get to do together in the future. I love to see all of our children playing together and I love how their personalities fit into a puzzle. Thank you for your faith and love and for listening to me when I am in a funk. Love to you and love to Christy!!!!

MADDIE said...

Wow....you have no idea how much I needed to see that today! I think we have something so unique and I don't want to take it for granted. Thank you both for the unconditional love you show. Thank you for being the kind of friend who is there no matter what. I had a great time with you the other night. The kids were so darn cute....especially the boys!! Love all of their sound effects! :)