Sunday, January 25, 2009

"The Greatest Show on Earth"


Yee Hoo!! We had a blast tonight at the circus with our friends...the Smiths! We went to the "Greatest Show on Earth" with some of the "Greatest Friends on Earth"! It really was a lot of fun! We made a pact to only get them ONE thing each...Ian, Radlee and Maddie chose a snow cone in a clown cup and Emma chose a tiger stuffed animal. It was hard to stick to this pact for us parents believe it or not! You'd think that with the OUTRAGEOUS prices, we would have not had a problem, but I think we wanted the kids to have all of this fun stuff more than they did (the light up spinny things, light up swords, binoculars and such)! BUT...we did it!! We kept the pact. Adam almost blew it for the Helton team (almost caved in and bought a couple of things), but he stayed strong! I'm just glad we made it there at all. Believe it or not, I took a nap at 1:30pm and didn't wake up until 5:30pm!!! Can you believe that (we were supposed to get together much earlier than that)? I woke up in the biggest panic of my life I think. I couldn't tell which end was up or even if I was dreaming or what! Christy had tried calling me/us a BUNCH apparently, but that doesn't work when your home phone ringer is off and you also can't hear your cell phone ring when it is on low ring and the bedroom door is shut! She thought we were lying in our house with carbon monoxide poisoning or something because she couldn't find us...even Adam didn't answer his calls because he was in an appointment! I felt really bad (sorry again Christy)...but thankfully, it all worked out! God allowed us to get 2 parking spaces right in front though...that was cool. No joke...it was CRAZINESS! I guess I needed that sleep, huh?? (The kids did too)!

Well...I'm thankful for great friends and good memories, (and that none of the things I was thinking at the Circus happened like high wires breaking or trapeze artists flying out into the crowd)....:-)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MADDIE said...

Don't ever scare me like that again!!! Just kidding. I had a great time with you guys. We really need to start planning more fun stuff more often. The kids had such a great time and were so good together. Whew.....I wasn't sure when Maddie and Emma were little if they were going to ever get along, but they are so sweet together now. I am soooo thankful. I know just like us, they will be friends for eternity. Rad and Ian get along really well too. So, what will be our next adventure? Let's start planning!